I was skeptical trying out this recipe. However, after I made it everyone loved this unique flavor of spices.
Raw Mangoes - 1/2 kg
Mustard oil - 50 ml
Mix the Spices:
Salt - 70 grams
Methi / Fenugreek seeds - 10 grams
Kalonji / Nigella seeds - 5 grams
Saunf / Fennel Seeds - 10 grams
Turmeric powder - 10 grams
Whole Peppercorns - 5 grams
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Method to prepare:
1. Wash the raw mangoes and wipe dry.
2. Chop to one inch pieces and dry in the sun for 2-3 hours.
3. In a pot, mix mustard oil with the spices.
4. Add the mangoes and toss until they are well coated.
5. Store in a ceramic jar.
6. Keep the jar in the sun for a day.
7. Add enough mustard oil to cover the mangoes.
Sending this entry to Indian Cooking Challenge hosted by Srivalli of "Spicing Your Life". This recipe is adapted from Simran of "Bombay Foodie".