My friend Uma is the sweetest person and an excellent cook. She is known for making all kinds of delicious desserts and savory dishes. One of her specialities is Dubai burfi. A few months back, when we visited her house, one of her guests asked her to give a demonstration making the burfi. She readily agreed and prepared it, with step by step instructions. My daughter and I daughter took some pictures and filmed the process, and I edited it together to make a full video of Uma's demonstration. Here it is!
Almonds powdered - 1 cup
Cashew powdered - 1 cup
Walnuts powdered - ½ cup
Milk powder - 2½cups
Sugar - 3½ cups
Ghee - 2 cups
Water - 1½cups
Saffron - ½ tsp
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
1. Powder almonds, cashew and walnuts separately. To this add the milk powder.
2. Take a heavy bottom vessel and add sugar and water and let it dissolve.
3. Add the powdered nuts and milk powder.
4. Keep stirring continuously.
5. Add saffron and cardamom powder.
6. Keep adding ghee throughout the process gradually.
7. When the consistency is thick and brown and it leaves the sides of the pan it is ready.
8. Pour the mixture on a greased plate and spread the mixture.
9. Cut to desired shapes and store in a container.