September 16, 2020
September 15, 2020
Tindora - 20
Besan - ½ cup
Peanuts roasted- ¼ cup
Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
Fennel seeds (Saumph) roasted- 1 tsp
Asafoetida - ½ tsp
Onion - 1 small finely chopped
Olive oil - 2tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 4 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 strands
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Onion - 1 medium
Cashew nuts - about 20 roasted in ghee
Cilantro chopped - 2 tbsp
1. Roast the besan flour for a few minutes.
2. Powder the peanuts & fennel seeds.
3. Mix the besan flour, powdered peanuts, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, fennel seeds powder, asafetida, salt and finely chopped onions.
4. Mix this with 2 tbsp of olive oil and little water to make a thick mixture.
5. Wash and dry the tindoras. Slit it in 4 keeping the base intact.
6. Stuff the tindoras with the prepared filling.
7. Steam the tindoras for 5 minutes.
8. Heat 4 tbsp. of oil and make a seasoning of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dhal, asafoetida, and add the chopped onion and sauté.
9. Add the steamed stuffed tindoras.
10. Adjust salt if necessary and garnish with chopped cilantro and cashew nuts.
September 8, 2020
|Fig & Dates Burfi|
1 cup – chopped dates
Almonds, pista, cashew, walnut – 1 cup together
Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
Nutmeg- 1/2 tsp
Cardamom powdered -7 pods
Chop the nuts and set aside.
Roast poppy seeds set aside
Add ghee to a pan & add the chopped fig/date mixture.
Cook the fig and date mixture for a few minutes till it becomes a mush.
Add chopped nuts, cardamom powder, and nutmeg.
Keep stirring & add another spoon of ghee till the mixture comes together and leaves sides.
Spread the mixture on a greased plate.
Cut to desired shapes when it is cooled.