Strawberry Shortcake cookies baked by Samantha. She adapted the recipe from this website "Two peas and their pod".
2 cups diced fresh strawberries
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2/3 cup heavy cream
Sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 7 tablespoons granulated sugar in a large bowl.
4. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter, or rub in with your fingers, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream until dough starts to come together, 5. Stir in strawberry mixture.
6. Using a ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly apart.
7. Sprinkle cookies with sugar, and bake until golden brown, about 22 to 25 minutes. 8 Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool.