Urad dhal - 2 cups
Green chilies chopped - 3-4
Curry leaves chopped - 2 strings
Ginger grated -1/2 inch
Cilantro leaves chopped - 3 tbsp
Coconut chopped - 1 tbsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Black pepper roughly crushed - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Soak urad dhal for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Grind urad dhal in a wet grinder or blender with as little water as possible (just enough water to blend) for about 15 minutes till light and fluffy.
3. Now add the chopped green chilies, curry leaves, ginger grated, cilantro leaves, coconut pieces, asafoetida, black pepper, and salt. Mix well.
4. Heat enough oil in a pan.
5. Wet your hand well and make a small ball and make a hole in the middle and gently slide in the hot oil.
6. Deep fry in medium flame and fry on both sides till crispy.
7. Serve with coconut chutney and/or sambar.