This is my entry for the event hosted by Aathidhyam
1 cucumber medium size
1 cup long grain rice
3 tbsp poha
3 tbsp brown sugar or jaggery
3 tbsp coconut grated (fresh or dessicated coconut powder)
3 cardamom pods
A pinch of salt
1. Dry roast rice lightly and soak with poha for 5-6 hours.
2. Grate half the cucumber and set aside.
3. Blend the other half cucumber with the soaked rice, poha, brown sugar, coconut, cardamom and salt.
4. Do not add water for blending.
5. Squeeze the grated cucumber and add for blending if necessary.
6. Mix the grated cucumber.
7. Heat the guliappa pan and add a few drops of oil in each hole and cook the guliappa in low flame.