Kaju Katli is an Indian dessert which means cashew fudge. This dessert is made traditionally during Diwali.
Cashew nuts - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - enough to blend
Ghee/unsalted butter - 2 tbsp.
Rose essence - few drops (optional)
1. Blend cashew nuts with just enough milk to blend.
2. Put the blend mixture and sugar in an anodized or non stick pan and cook.
3. Keep stirring continuously with a wooden ladle for about 25 to 30 minutes.
4. The mixture will start leaving the pan and form a ball.
5. Add the ghee/unsalted butter and stir it.
6. Keep a greased cookie sheet or plate ready.
7. Spread the mixture on the greased sheet and roll it.
8. Cut to desired shapes and sizs.