I tried out this cake after I completed the Wilton cake decorating class. I baked this cake for my friend's wedding anniversary party. The icing did not turn out very smooth as the cake was not completely cooled and there was crumbs in the icing. However, everyone loved this cake.
1/4 cup oil
1 cup cold water
1 package dream whip
1 small package of pudding & pie filling (not instant)
1 cake mix (any flavor other than choclate)
Butter cream icing or Ready to use Wilton Decorator's icing
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons milk
Makes: About 3 cups of icing.Materials Needed:
Wilton tiers display set
Wilton decorating tips
1. Bea t the eggs and add oil, water and the cake mix.
2. Add the dream whip and pudding filling
3. Pour the batter in 2 baking pans
4. Prepared the pan using a pastry brush or paper towel and solid vegetable shortening. For best results, do not use butter, margarine or liquid vegetable shortening. Cake release works well too.
5. Bake at 325 degrees and test after 40 minutes.
6. Cool the cake completely for icing.
7. Ice the cake smoothly set on the tiers so there are no crumbs
8. Use desired colors with the icing for the borders and use the tips for the shell design and the piping lines.