July 15, 2010
Reviews from my daughters:
"This is a cool summery retreat from reality!"
"I beg for my mom to make this every night!"
Heavy Whipping Cream - 1 cup
Frozen Blueberries - 3/4 cup
Ice Cubes - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 5 tblsp.
1. In a heavy duty blender, add whipping cream, frozen blueberries, ice cubes, and sugar (ingredients should be added in this order only)
2. Blend the ingredients together until the mixture has reached ice cream consistency
3. Scoop the ice cream, and serve IMMEDIATELY!
The cooking challenge for June is Kara Sev. This event is hosted by Srivalli of Spicing Your Life. This recipe was quite easy to make and turned out very crispy and tasty.
Kara Sev Recipe
Besan - 2 ½ cups
Rice flour - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Soda - 2 pinches
Oil - to deep fry
Grind fine with water:
Red chillies - 6
Pepper - 1 tsp
1. Sieve both flours together.
2. Cream ghee and soda well till the paste looks white.
3. Add flours and salt to this.
4. Strain the chilli paste and add, mixing everything well.
5. Add enough water to make a soft yet stiff dough.
6. Heat oil and press the dough with the muruku maker
7. Fry well and remove to a kitchen tissue
8. Store in airtight container.
July 3, 2010
Jackfruit peeled - 1 cup
Moong dhal - 1/4 cup
Coconut milk - 1 cup
Whole milk - 1 cup
Jaggery - 1/2 cup or more per your taste
Cardamom - 2 to 3 crushed
Ghee (Clarified butter) - 3-4 tsp
1. Cut jackfruit to small pieces
2. Saute in 2tsp of ghee and set aside
3. Saute raisins and cashewnuts in 2 tsp of ghee and set aside
3. Roast moong dhal in the same pan and pressure cook for ten minutes
4. In a heavy bottomed pan add the sauted jackfruit, cooked moong dhal, jaggery, coconut milk and whole milk and cook for five minutes.
5. In the end add the crushed cardamom and sauted raisins and cashewnuts.
July 2, 2010
Frozen or fresh blue berries – 1 cup (completely thawed if using frozen and blend if using fresh)
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Sugar – 3 tsp
Bread Flour – 3 cups
Yeast – 3 tsp
Milk -2 or 3 tsps
To be added during during the mixed bread cycle when the machine beeps
Dried blueberries - 1/2 cup
1. Add all the ingredients in the bread machine in the order of ingredients.
2. Set the setting to mix bread and light crust
3. Start the bread machine
4. Make sure the dough is soft elastic ball, if necessary add a tsp of oil if the dough is tight or a tsp of flour if the dough is sticky
5. When the machine beeps add the dried blueberries
6. Cool completely when done and slice to pieces