Veggie Platter is hosting the "Microwave Easy Cooking Event" popularly known as the MEC Event for this month and decided to celebrate the "Fresh Produce". This event was started by Srivalli of Cooking 4 all Seasons. I would like to share my recipe of the popular South Indian "Vegetable Saagu" for this event.
Fresh vegetables :
Peas, chopped carrots, beans, potatoes, chayote squash - 3 cups
Cilantro leaves - 1/2 cup
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Green chillies - 2 to 3 (as per taste)
Cashews - a handful
Coconut milk - 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
1. Microwave the mixed vegetables for about 7 to 8 minutes with half cup of water and set aside.
2. Blend cilantro, ginger, green chillies and cashews.
3. Add the blend mixture to the the mixed vegetables add salt and microwave for another 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk at the end and mix it
5. Garnish with some chopped cilantro