The Indian cooking challenge for November is Chegodilu. This event is hosted by Srivalli of Spicing your life. I had never tasted this snack before. I looked for pictures on google and it looked similar to the South Indian Kodbele though the ingredients are different. I enjoyed trying out this snack. I followed Srivalli's recipe, I added a few spoons of more rice flour to the recipe to get the correct consistency. I shared this with my friends and they all loved it. Thanks Srivalli for introducing me to another tasty snack.
Rice flour - 3/4 cup
All purpose flour/ Maida - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Ajwain - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric really a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil to deep fry
1. Boil 1 cup water in a bowl, add salt to it.
2. When the water starts boiling, remove from stove, add ajwain, red chilli powder, turmeric and flours. Stir with a ladle to make sure it is mixed well. Pour ghee on it and cover.
3. Once it cools, knead it to form smooth dough.
4. Pinch out small balls of dough and roll them like threads between your palm, bring the ends together to form into small rings
5. Fry them in hot oil til they turn golden in colour.