Dosa is a common breakfast dish. Though dosa typically refers to the version made with rice and lentils, many other versions exist, often specific to an Indian region.This dosa is typical to South Kanara region.
Ridge gourd -1 (skin peeled and sliced)
1 cup – long grain rice (raw)
1/4 cup – fresh or frozen coconut grated
2 – dried red chillies
1 tsp – cumin seeds
Jaggery or brown sugar – 1 tbsp
Tamarind – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Soak rice overnight
2. Blend rice with fresh or frozen grated coconut, red chillies, cumin seeds, jaggery or brown sugar, tamarind, and salt.
3. Heat the skillet.
4. Spread a tsp of oil on the skillet and arrange the sliced ridge gourd.
5. Pour the dosa batter on the skillet and spread evenly.
6. Keep the heat medium to high.
7. Put another tsp of oil to cook, cover the skillet.
8. Flip the dosa and cook on the other side.
9. Serve dosa with or without chutney.