For the Dough
All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon
Baking powder 1/8 teaspoon
Unsalted Butter cold cut into small pieces- 1/4 cup
Yoghurt - 1/4 cup
Oil for deep fry
Sugar - 1 cup
Water - 1/3 cup
Cardamom powder a pinch
Sliced pistachios - a few
Method for Badusha dough :
1. In a wide bowl mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
2. Add butter mix and the it should be crumbly.
3. Now add the curds slowly as needed making into soft dough. Do not knead the dough.
4. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it sit for about half an hour.
5. Take the dough and knead just enough to hold it together.
To make the Syrup
1. In a wide sauce pan add water, sugar medium heat, bring it to a boil.
2. Let it simmer until syrup is almost to one thread. Add the cardamom powder and set it aside.
3. This can be done just before making the Badusha during the half hour resting period.
To fry the Badusha:
1. Divide the dough into 12 equal balls
2. Make the dough balls, flatten it down on your palm, make a deep dent in the center of the ball.
3. Heat the oil in a Kadai, and keep the flame on low heat.
4. The oil should be hot, but not smoking hot at the same time.
5. Check for right heat by dropping in a tiny dough.
6. When the oil sizzles, you can gently drop in the balls.
7. Fry in batches and turn over and cook till it browns. The balls should be golden brown on both sides.
8. Once done, drain on to a kitchen towel, and keep it for few mins.
9. Dip the fried balls in the sugar syrup and remove them right away. Do not leave them in the syrup.
10. Garnish with chopped pistas and serve hot.