Custard halwa is a very easy to prepare dessert. I adapted this recipe from my friend on the "Foodie" group.
Custard powder - 1/2 cup (Vanilla flavor)
Water - 2 cups
Ghee- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp for greasing
Cashew nuts - 12 chopped
Almonds - 6 coarsely powdered for garnish
Cardamom powder - a pinch
1. Take a pan, add in custard powder, sugar, and water. Stir well so no lumps are formed.
2. Keep stirring continuously on high heat till it is thick.
3. Add a tbsp of ghee and keep stirring..
4. After a few minutes add another tbsp of ghee and mix well.
5. It will get thick and not stick to the pan. Add in another tbsp of ghee.
6. When the halwa will leave the sides and the ghee oozes out add in chopped cashews, cardamom powder and mix well.
7. Spread the halwa on a greased pan and let it cool.
8. When it is set, invert the plate to a flat baking sheet or cutting board and cut to desired shapes.