June 1, 2010
Srinivasa Bakery is famous for this bun in Bangalore. I tried this receipe with frozen dinner rolls. This is my entry for Chaitra's Bread Mania Event.
Frozen dinner rolls -6
Potatoes -2 medium
Onion -1 medium chopped
Ginger grated - 1/2 inch
Green chillies -2
Corriander leaves - 4 tblsp chopped
Salt to taste
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds, curry leaves in a tsp of oil
1. Boil potatoes and mash it
2. Heat a tsp of oil and add mustard seeds andwhen it crackles add curry leaves and turmeric
3. Add the chopped onions and saute
4. Next add the chopped ginger, green chillies, and boiled potatoes
5. Finally add the salt, lemon juice and chopped corriander leaves.
6. Thaw the dinner rolls as per package directions
7. When it is room temperature fill it with the potato filling and set it in a warm place to proof for about 3-4 hours or till double in size
8. Brush the top with milk
9. Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes till done.