March 15, 2010

Cooking Rice at Paadi Temple

During my recent visit to India in February 2010, I visited Paadi Temple, in South Kodagu. It is a beautiful temple and very scenic. What impressed me the most is that the family who performs pooja at the temple also cooks lunch everyday for the devotees who visit the temple, without a head count of how many people are there for lunch everyday. It varies from 150 to 600 people and one or two people cook the entire meal with a variety of dishes. It is amazing and unbelievable how they can cook such a sumptuous meal in such short notice. It is just the miracle of the temple. I took this picture of the rice being cooked in the temple kitchen when I visited there.

1 comment:

  1. yes --and its the most delicious meal :) thanks for bringing back wonderful memories

    ReplyDelete