The international food day at work was an opportunity for everyone at work to share different cuisines. For this event I prepared lemon rice and cholay. It was a pleasure to taste different cuisines from appetizers, entrees to desserts. Here is the recipe for lemon rice.
Jasmine rice cooked - 1 cup
Fresh lemon squeezed - 1
Salt to taste
Dry coconut powder - 3 tsp
Ginger grated - 1/2 inch
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Channa Dhal - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 1 or 2 cut
Curry leaves - 2 strings
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 to 3 tsp
Cilantro chopped - 2 to 3 tsp
Peanuts/Cashew nuts roasted - 3-4 tblsp
Sauted bell pepper and peas - 1/2 cup
1. Cook rice so each grain is separate.
2. Spread it on a plate and add 2-3 tsp of oil and let it cool.
3. Take oil in a pan add mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, channa dhal and turmeric powder.
4. When is sputters add the grated ginger. Pour this on the cooled rice.
5. Add salt, coconut powder
6. Garnish with cashew nuts, roasted peanuts, sauted bell pepper, peas, and chopped cilantro.