I tried rajma with a twist by adding chopped spinach sauteed in olive oil to enhance the nutritional value. The result was amazing and lipsmacking.
Rajma (Kidney beans) - 3 cups (canned or soak overnight and pressure cook)
Tomatoes - 3 big chopped
Onion - 1 big chopped
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Garlic - 1 clove
Spinach - 3 cups chopped
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Corriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil -5 tblsp
Salt to taste
Corriander leaves - 2 tsp chopped
1. Soak rajma overnight in water and pressure cook.
2. Heat 3 tblsp oil add turmeric powder, chopped onions, ginger grated, garlic crushed and saute till brown.
3. Add tomatoes and cook till soft
4. Blend the tomato onion mixture till smooth and cook in a pan
5. Add boiled rajma, corriander powder, jeera powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, and salt to taste.
6. In a seperate pan saute the spinach and add to the Rajma
7. Garnish with chopped fresh corriander leaves.