Mysore Pak in 20 minutes
Demonstration by UmaMysore Pak is a favorite sweet dish of Karnataka, India, usually served as dessert. It is made of generous amounts of ghee (clarified butter), sugar, and chick pea (besan) flour. As per Wikipedia, Mysore Pak was first created in the kitchens of the Mysore Palace by a palace cook named Kakasura Madappa out of the above ingredients. Here is a demonstration by my friend Uma.
Video Demonstration -Part 1
Video Demonstration -Part 2
1 cup besan
2 cups sugar
2 cups ghee
1 cup water
1. Mix half cup of melted ghee with one cup of besan flour, mix lightly and set aside
2. In a pan, add two cups of sugar and half cup of water.
3. When is dissolves add the besan flour and ghee mixture to pancake dough consistency
4. Add half cup more water to this. Adding water increases the porosity of the Mysore Pak.
6. Keep stirring continuously adding ghee gradually until all the ghee is used
7. When the besan mixture becomes light brown and porus it will leave the sides of the pan
8. Pour the cooked mixture on to a greased plate
9. It will harden in a few minutes.
10. Cut to desired shapes pieces when it is still warm.