I tried this favorite recipe recently. I tried making it spicy adding the green chilli and ginger paste. It turned out to be fabulous.
1 cup besan
1 cup yogurt cheese
Salt to taste
Eno fruit salt 1 tsp
Sugar 2 tsp
Green chilli and ginger paste - 1 or 2 tsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Sesame- 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tp
Green chillies -2 sliced
For the Garnish:
Grated coconut - few tsp
Chopped Corriander leaves
1. Tie yogurt in a cheese cloth to get the cheese
2. Mix this to the besan with a little yogurt and add salt, sugar, chilli and ginger paste and rest for a 3-4 hours.
3. Just before steaming the dhoklas add the eno fruit salt and steam for 10 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.
4. After it cools makes a seasoning of mustard, asafotida, jeera, turmeric, sesame, green chillies and pour on the dhoklas
5. Cut to pieces, garnish with grated fresh coconut and chopped corriander leaves.