Puliogre is a south is a South Indian rice preparation. It is traditionally made by mixing steamed rice mixed with puliogre gravy made with tamarind pulp, peanuts, dry coconut, red chili, curry leaves, jaggery, pepper, mustard seeds, fenugreek, turmeric, asafoetida, sesame, urad dal, and cumin. I tried making this in the form of bread adding puliogre mix, crushed peanuts, sauteed curry leaves in the raisin cycle. The bread was very aromatic with the taste of puliogre in every bite.
Puliogre powder or paste - 3 tblsp
Water - 8 oz
Salt - 1 tsp
Brown Sugar - 2 tsp
Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
Bread Flour – 3 cups
Dessicated Coconut powder - 1 tbsp
Yeast – 3 tsp
To be added during during the mixed bread cycle when the machine beeps
1 tsp - seasoning of mustard and asafoetida
3/4 cup - curry leaves sauteed in a tsp of oil
1/2 cup - roasted peanuts crushed
1 tsp - sesame seeds roasted
Method for the Bread:
1. Mix the puliogre powder or paste in luke warm water and place in the bread machine.
2. Add all the ingredients for the bread in the bread machine in the order given above.
3. Set the setting to mix bread and light crust
4. Start the bread machine
5. Make sure the dough is soft elastic ball, if necessary add a tsp of oil if the dough is tight or a tsp of flour if the dough is sticky
6. When the machine beeps add the seasoning, sauteed curry leaves, crushed peanuts, and roasted sesame seeds.
6. Cool completely when done and slice to pieces.