My latest experiment with quinoa - quinoa akki roti. I tried this recipe by making quinoa flour in the blender. Then I added a little rice flour and proceeded the same way as the regular akki roti by add the onions, grated carrots, cilantro, curry leaves in the dough.
Quinoa flour - 2 cups
Rice flour - 1/2 cups
Carrot - 1 small grated
Onion - 1 medium chopped
Curry leaves - 2 strings
Coriander leaves - 4 tbsp chopped
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2 chopped
Salt to taste
Olive oil - few tsp to cook
Hot boiling water - to mix
1. Mix quinoa and rice flour with grated carrots, chopped onion, chopped curry leaves, corriander leaves, cumin seeds, chopped green chillies, chopped and salt.
2. Add just enough boiling water to this and knead.
3. Make it to tennis size balls.
4. Flatten the dough on a plastic sheet with your hand
5. Gently transfer the flattened roti to a cast iron griddle or skillet
6. Add a tsp of olive oil around it and cover it
7. Cook on medium flame till done
8. Serve with chutney.