"The Indian Cooking Challenge" for February is "Banana halwa" also known as "Pazham Varatti". This dessert is a specialty from Kerala. It tastes absolutely delicious and is a must try recipe.
Ripe Kerala plantains - 2
Sugar - 1 and half cup
Ghee - 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup as required
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Nuts to decorate
1. Peel bananas and blend without water.
2. Cook on a heavy bottom vessel or non stick pan in high flame stirring constantly.
3. Add sugar and continue stirring.
4. Lastly add ghee gradually and cardamom powder and cook till it leaves the sides and forms a ball.
5. Spread on a greased plate and cool it.
6. Cut it to pieces when completely cooled.
7. Garnish with nuts as desired.