Mangoes are widely used in Indian cuisine. I tried making mango bread with the pulp of this delicious fruit. The bread was soft, sweet, and full of flavor and bits of the mango bar enhanced the taste.
Mango Pulp - 1/2 cup or substitute with fresh blend mangoes
Soy milk/skim milk - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Butter – 3 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Bread Flour – 3 cups
Yeast – 3 tsp
Mango essence - few drops
Yellow food color - few drops
To be added during during the mixed bread cycle when the machine beeps
Dehydrated mango pieces - 1/4 cup
Cashews chopped - 1/4 cup
1. Add all the ingredients for the bread in the bread machine in the order given above.
2. Set the setting to mix bread and dark crust.
3. Start the bread machine.
4. Make sure the dough is soft elastic ball, if necessary add a tsp of oil if the dough is tight or a tsp of flour if the dough is sticky.
5. When the machine beeps add the mango bar pieces and chopped nuts.
6. Cool completely when done and slice to pieces.