Karela is also known as bitter gourd. It is a popular vegetable in India. It has a unique bitter taste and it is used in curries,pickles and making other dishes. I tried making dosas with karela and it tastes delicious.
Long grain rice - 1 cup
Karela - 2 medium
Tamarind - 1 tbsp
Green chillies - 2 or 3 (as per taste)
Coconut grated - 2 tbsp (optional)
Salt - to taste
1. Soak rice overnight
2. Clean the karela, chop and take out the seeds.
3. Blend rice with, green chillies, coconut, tamarind, and salt.
4. Heat the dosa griddle
5. Pour the dosa batter on the griddle and spread evenly and put a tsp of oil around it
6. Cover the griddle and cook
7. Flip the dosa and cook on the other side.
8. Serve dosa with chutney of your choice.