|Fried Maddur Vade|
|Baked Maddur Vade|
Semolina - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1 medium chopped
Curry leaves - 6 strands chopped
Cilantro leaves - 1/2 bunch chopped
Ginger - 1/2 inch grated
Coconut - 1/4 cup grated
Green chillies - 8 to 10 or per taste
Cumin - a tsp
Sesame - a tsp
Butter & hot oil - 1 tbsp each to mix in the dough
Oil - to deep fry
1. Mix the semolina, all purpose and rice flour in a bowl.
2. Add the chopped onions, curry leaves, cilantro, grated ginger, coconut, chopped chillies, cumin, sesame, butter and hot oil.
3. Mix everything and add a little water as needed to make a soft dough. Since the onion has moisture be careful when adding water.
4. Make small balls and flatten it
5. Deep fry in hot oil till crisp and brown.
Baked Maddur Vade:
1. Use the same dough and flatten it and bake it at 350 F for 20 minutes. Alternatively, use the electric tortilla press and bake on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.