Poha (flattened rice) thick variety - 2 cups
Potato - 1 big chopped
Onion - 1 medium
Tomato - 1 big
Green chillies - 4 or 5
Ginger grated - 1/4 inch
Salt to taste
Juice of half lemon
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 strands
Roasted peanuts - 3 tbsp
Chopped cilantro leaves - 2tbsp
Fresh grated coconut - 2 tsp (optional)
1. Chop potatoes finely and soak in water
2. Chop onions, grate ginger, green chillies and tomato and set aside.
3. Soak poha in just enough water to the level of poha for 10 minutes.
4. Make a seasoning of olive oil, asafoetida, mustard seeds, urad dhal, cumin seeds, curry leaves.
5. Next add the green chillies, chopped onion, grated ginger, and cook till crisp.
6. Add the chopped potatoes and fry well. Finally add the tomatoes and cook till mushy.
7. Add the drained poha, salt and mix well.
8. Finally add the roasted peanuts, lemon juice, fresh grated coconut and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.