Avalakki (Thin variety) - 2 cups
Powdere Jaggery or brow sugar - 2 tbspp
Red chilies - 2
Coriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Fresh grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Salt to tast
Olive/Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
Asafetida - a pinch
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 strings
Coriander leaves - 2tbsp chopped
1. Dry grin cumin seeds, coriander seeds and red chilies.
2. Add the grated coconut to the poha and mix.
3. Add the powered spices, jaggery/brown sugar, and salt.
4. Head the oil, add mustard seeds and when it sizzles add asafetida, curry leaves, and turmeric powder.
5. Pour the seasoning on the avalakki.
6, Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro leaves.