2 cups basil leaves
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp. Pine nuts/almonds/nuts of your choice
Salt to taste
Pepper powder 1 tsp
Olive oil - 1/3 cup
Parmesan Cheese - 3oz
Pasta - 1 box (1lb)
Bell pepper, Onion, Mushroom, Spinach - Chopped
Mozzarella Cheese grated - 1 cup
1. Mix all the ingredients for pesto in a food processor to mix well to a coarse paste and add olive oil and parmesan cheese. ( I usually make a large batch of pesto in summer and freeze in ice cube trays and store in zip lock bags in the freezer for ready use)
2. Cook pasta al dente for 11 minutes as per box directions.
3. Saute vegetables in olive oil and set aside.
4. Mix the pesto sauce in the pasta and add the sauteed vegetables.
5. Finally top with mozzarella cheese and bake the pasta at 350F for 20 minutes till the cheese melts.