The cooking challenge for June is Kara Sev. This event is hosted by Srivalli of Spicing Your Life. This recipe was quite easy to make and turned out very crispy and tasty.
Kara Sev Recipe
Besan - 2 ½ cups
Rice flour - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Soda - 2 pinches
Oil - to deep fry
Grind fine with water:
Red chillies - 6
Pepper - 1 tsp
1. Sieve both flours together.
2. Cream ghee and soda well till the paste looks white.
3. Add flours and salt to this.
4. Strain the chilli paste and add, mixing everything well.
5. Add enough water to make a soft yet stiff dough.
6. Heat oil and press the dough with the muruku maker
7. Fry well and remove to a kitchen tissue
8. Store in airtight container.