I tried this masala bread and added my personal touch to the recipe by adding dill, onions, cilantro, and spices. The flavor of dill leaves adds a nice taste to this bread and the bread turned super soft, fluffy and light.
Yogurt - 3 oz
Skim milk - 5 oz
Salt - 1 tsp
Olive Oil/Butter – 3 tbsp
Cilantro/mint chutney - 1 tblsp
Bread Flour – 3 cups
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Yeast – 3 tsp
To be added during during the mixed bread cycle when the machine beeps
Asafoetida - a pinch
Chopped curry leaves- 2 strings
Cilantro leaves chopped - 2 tblsp
Grated ginger - 1 inch
Chopped Onion - 1/4 cup
Chopped Dill leaves - 1 bunch
Olive oil to saute - 2 tsp
1. In a pan take 2 tsp of olive oil add asafoetida.
2. Saute the chopped onion and dill leaves to be added during the mixed bread cycle.
3. Add the chopped cilantro, green chillies, curry leaves, grated ginger and set aside.
For the Bread:
1. Add all the ingredients for the bread in the bread machine in the order given above.
2. Set the setting to mix bread and light crust.
3. Start the bread machine.
4. Make sure the dough is soft elastic ball, if necessary add a tsp of oil if the dough is tight or a tsp of flour if the dough is sticky.
5. When the machine beeps add the sauteed dill, onion, curry leaves, cilantro leaves, ginger.
6. Cool completely when done and slice to pieces.