I tried this recipe of chickpea flour pancake from north India. I adapted the recipe from Sanjeev Kapoor and experimented with different fillings.
Besan/Chickpea flour - 2 cup
Chopped Spinach - 1 cup
Firm Tofu grated - 2 cup
Olive oil as required to shallow fry
Onion ,chopped 1 medium
Mushroom,sliced - 8-10
Black pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida - a pinch
Salt to taste
1. Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a pan and sauté onions till translucent.
2. Add chopped spinach and cook. Add mushrooms and sauté.
3. Add salt and black pepper powder as per taste.
4. When cooled mix in grated tofu. Set aside.
5. In a bowl mix together besan flour, salt, red chilli powder, asafoetida, and sufficient water to make a batter of pouring consistency.
6. Make sure that there are no lumps.
7. Heat a nonstick skillet, drizzle a few drops of olive oil, pour a ladle full of batter into the pan and spread it evenly and thinly using the back of the ladle.
8. Cook the chillas on both sides, till golden brown.
9. Place a portion of the spinach mushroom stuffing on one side of the cheela, fold the other side over it and serve immediately.