For the dough:
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Milk - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Butter - 3 tbsp
Yeast - 2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Dessicated Coconut powder - 1 cup
Tutti-frutti - 1/2 cup
Raisins - 2 tbsp
Chopped nuts - 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
Melted butter - 3 tbsp
Mix the above
1. Disintegrate yeast in 1/4 cup of luke-warm milk. Add a tbsp of sugar and set aside for 10 minutes.
2, Add flour and rest of the milk, salt,sugar, butter and the disintegrated yeast.
3. Knead to a soft dough by pushing and pulling method to a round ball and add a tsp of oil.
4. Cover the dough with a cloth and set it for proofing for about an hour and half to 2 hours till the dough is double in size.
5. Punch the dough down and divide it into two parts.
6. Roll the dough slightly thick and place on a baking sheet.
7. Place the filling on the dough and cover it with another rolled dough.
8. Seal the sides gently by wetting with water.
9. Brush with a few tsp of milk mixed with a tsp of sugar to get a rich brown color.
10. Keep it in a warm place for an hour and the dough will rise.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 20-30 minutes.
12. Brush with butter and let it cool for slicing.