My friend Nandita made this delicious summer cooler when I visited her recently during my India trip. Here is the recipe.
Sugar - 4 cups
Water - 5 cups
Ginger grated - 1 cup
Jeera (Cumin) - 2 tsp
Juice of 5 lemons
1. Mix water and sugar and boil it for 10-15 minutes
2. When it starts boiling turn off the heat and add grated ginger, jeera and let it cool
3. When it is completely cooled add the lemon juice
4. Strain and store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator
5. Mix with water and ice cubes and serve.
Sending this recipe to "Learning to Cook" Akila's Dish Starts With G Event