April 12, 2011
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Coriander leaves - 1 bunch
Green Chillies - 2
Grated ginger - 1/4 inch
Cloves - 4
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon - small piece
Bay leaf - 1
Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Roasted Cashew nuts - to garnish
Olive oil to saute - 1 tsp
Butter or ghee - 2 tsp
1. Heat oil and saute bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, green chillies and set aside.
2. Chop the coriander leaves, reserve a little for garnish.
3. Take basmati rice in a oven safe dish and add the chopped coriander leaves, sauteed bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, green chillies, and salt.
4. Add two cups of hot water.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
6. Bake it for 60 minutes, add butter/ghee and mix well.
7. Add the lemon juice.
7. Garnish with the reserved coriander leaves and cashew nuts.
Sending this to the event - Herbs & flowers in My Platter- Coriander/Cilantro hosted by
Krithi's Kitchen, Seduce Your Tastebuds