This was my favorite snack at Vijaya Bakery in South End Circle in Bangalore. Me and my college friends would often go to Vijaya Bakery. I made these sandwiches for my friend Arathi's Anniversary party.
White or Wheat Bread slices
Tomato - 2 big chopped
Onion - 1 medium chopped
Carrot -1 grated
Ginger - 1/2 inch grated
Green chillies - 2 or more to suit your spice level
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Curry leaves - 1 string
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tblsp
Chilli powder -1/2 tsp
Jeera powder -1/2 tsp
Corriander powder -1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder -1/2 tsp
Fresh corriander leaves chopped -4 tblsp
Salt to taste
1. Make a seasoning with mustard, asafoetida, turmeric and curry leaves in 1 tbsp of oil
2. Add chopped ginger, green chillies and chopped onion and saute.
3. When the onion is brown add the chopped tomatoes and grated carrot and cook till all the liquid is absorbed.
4. Add salt, chilli powder, jeera powder, corriander powder and garam masala powder.
5. Garnish with fresh chopped corriander leaves.
6. Toast the bread and spread the carrot masala mixture.
Sending this entry to "Sandwich Mela" hosted by Srivalli.