My friend Sudha Arkesh shared this recipe with me. Ever since I made this it has become a family favorite. Thanks Sudha for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Betel leaves - 100
Paan supari - 100 gms
Sugar - 1 cup
Nutmeg - 1/4 inch
Edible Camphor - 2 pinch
Cardamom - 10 peeled and powdered
Dry coconut powder - 1 cup
Lime paste - 1/4 tsp
Cloves - 10
1. Wash and dry the leaves and chop it.
2. Mix sugar and the chopped betel leaves and cook on the stove in medium flame till it caramelizes. Turn of the heat.
3. Separately roast the cloves, nutmeg, and dry coconut lightly.
4. Mix all the other ingredients to the caramelized mixture.
5. Blend all the ingredients coarsely.
Sending this recipe to "Condiment Mela" hosted by Srivalli of "Cooking for all Seasons".