I visited my friend Minnie in New Jersey and she had grown clusters of green grapes in her garden which had yet to be ripe. These sour green grapes were perfect for pickles. This recipe was done by mom.
Raw sour green grapes - 1 cup
Salt - 2 tbsp
Red chillies - 1 cup loosely packed
Mustard seeds - 2tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Water - 2 cups
1. Slit the raw green grapes lightly and set aside.
2. Boil the water with salt till it condenses to half the quantity.
3. Cool the salt solution.
4. Blend the red chillies, raw mustard seeds, turmeric powder in the salt water
5. Mix the blend mixture to the grapes
6. Store in pickle jar or glass bottle.
Sending this recipe to "Condiment Mela" hosted by Srivalli of "Cooking for all Seasons".