This is a snack which goes well with tea or coffee. This is a very spicy snack and you will have "tears of joy" tasting it. This is a Bangalore specialty which I attempted to make in the microwave.
Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Curry leaves - 1/2 cup
Olive oil - 3 tsp
Salt - to taste
Red Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Rice flour - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
1. Place the peanuts in a shallow microwaveable dish and microwave for 2-3 minutes till roasted.
2. Peel the skin of peanuts and set aside.
3. Take a tsp of oil and mix the curry leaves and microwave for 2-3 minutes till crisp and crush it.
4. Take the remaining oil and add asafoetida and microwave for 1 minute. To this add pepper powder, red chilly powder, rice flour, turmeric, salt, and sugar.
5. Finally add it to the peanuts with the crushed curry leaves and spices and mix well and microwave the mixture for a minute.
6. Store in airtight container.
Sending this entry to "Microwave Easy Cooking Event" - Tea Time Snacks hosted by me at "Rice N Spice" for September 2011. This event was started by Srivalli of “Cooking for All Seasons”.