Hurigalu is a Bangalore speciality. It is spicy roasted beans and a low calorie healthy snack which is very addictive. I tried making this snack in the microwave. It turned out to be perfect and very tasty.
Whole Green Moong Dhal - 1/2 cup
Black eyed peas, chickpeas, horsegram - 1/2 cup altogether
Roasted Channa Dhal - 4 tbsp
Peanuts - 4 tbsp
Juice of 2 limes
Chilly powder to taste
Salt to taste
Olive oil 2- 3 tsp
Dry coconut pieces
1. Soak green moong dhal, black eyed peas, chickpeas, horsegram separately overnight.
2. Drain the dhals separately and spread on a microwaveable dish and add lime juice and microwave for about 4 minutes.
3. Stir the dhal and add salt, chilly powder, and a tsp of olive oil and mix. Microwave for another 4 minutes.
4. Check if crisp and depending on your microwave add a minute or two to cook.
5. Transfer to a bowl.
6. Microwave the roasted channa dhal and peanuts in a tsp of each separately and mix it.
7. Finally add the dry coconut pieces and store in airtight container.
Sending this entry to "Microwave Easy Cooking Event" - Tea Time Snacks hosted by me at "Rice N Spice" for September 2011. This event was started by Srivalli of “Cooking for All Seasons”.